CURRENT TIVO SEASON PASSES (ANNOTATED)
- Penn & Teller: Bullshit! (575 SHOW)
P&T rank on the gullible. James Randi meets The Sopranos.
- Firefly (2 KTVU)
Cancelled. Too much character development and not enough facial appliances, apparently.
- Enterprise (12 KBHK)
Started solid, but heading for Captain, the Frammitz Discombobulator is deflating territory lately. Also see "facial appliances" reference above.
- The West Wing (3 KNTV)
Prime-time spanking material for the disgruntled left (from which I do not exclude myself).
- Law & Order (3 KNTV)
Still waiting for Lenny to bust into a song and dance...
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (3 KNTV)
Ice-T! The Belz! Jayne Mansfield's daughter! It's like a beautiful musical waiting to happen.
- The Chris Isaak Show [Title Wishlist]
Plusses: Funny, great music, and that sexy nose. Minuses: Vancouver is not San Francisco.
- Sealab 2021 (51 TOONP)
- Aqua Teen Hungerforce (51 TOONP)
- Space Ghost: Coast-To-Coast (51 TOONP)
- The Brak Show (51 TOONP)
Cartoon Network justifies its existence.
- The Simpsons (2 KTVU)
Still has its ups and downs but the good ones are worth the wait.
- King of the Hill (2 KTVU)
Threatened to be a Beavis and Butt-Head style "let's stomp all over the ignorant rednecks" show. Then it aired...
- Futurama (2 KTVU)
Doesn't hold up to repeat viewing for me.
- Queer As Folk [Title Wishlist]
This one's Amy's. Loved the British series, though.
- Let's Bowl (63 COMEDYP)
Rich Kronfeld is a frickin' genius.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 (68 SCIFIP)
By 2007, SciFi will be running the same episode every single week.
- Andy Richter Controls the Universe (2 KTVU)
- Oz (551 HBOP)
Ever notice how half the people on here are regulars on the Law & Order shows?
- South Park (63 COMEDYP)
Has escaped more ruts than any other show on television.
- Six Feet Under (550 HBO)
Another one of Amy's. I'm waiting for the DVD.
- CROSS, DAVID [Actor Wishlist]
- Mr. Show With Bob and David (551 HBOP)
It goes from God, to Monty Python, to The Ben Stiller Show, to Bob and David.
- Movies & VIVA MAX [Title Wishlist]
- Movies & COLD TURKEY [Title Wishlist]
- Movies & WHERE PEOPLE GONE [Title Wishlist]
Three movies from the Dialing For Dollars/Late Late Movie era, back when nobody had heard of a "program-length commercial" and tv stations actually signed off at night after playing the National Anthem. God, I'm old.
- Insomniac With Dave Attell (63 COMEDYP)
Even Dave couldn't make Albuquerque look exciting.
- Cops (2 KTVU)
Back in action now that our Bowling For Columbine inspired guilt has subsided.
- The Fairly Oddparents (53 NIKP)
Kid-and-adult friendly with minimal pandering. Cosmo is my god.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (551 HBOP)
I saved up the entire third season and watched it in essentially one sitting, otherwise I couldn't have made it through. It's that painfully embarrassing to watch. In a good way.
- Primetime Glick (63 COMEDYP)
One note, but played well.
- Science, Nature, Tech. & NOVA [Title Wishlist]
- Documentary & FRONTLINE [Title Wishlist]
With three PBS stations to choose from, you have to resort to some tricky programming to get everything you want.
- Andy Dick Show (43 MTVP)
And 'e really is a dick, bwa-haaah!
- TV Funhouse (63 COMEDYP)
Long overdue for new eps. How much can it possibly cost to make 'em?
- Columbo (47 A&EP)
Class warfare, 1970s style. The Patrick McGoohan episodes are fantastic.
- America's Most Wanted: America Fights Back (2 KTVU)
Filler, mostly. See Cops.
- JETCAT [Keyword Wishlist]
- ODDVILLE [Keyword Wishlist]
Jay Stephens did a few of these shorts for Kablam! on Nickelodeon. Still haven't caught them, though.
- JETSONS [Title Wishlist]
If only I could weed out the lame '80s episodes.
- BROWN, BRUCE [Director Wishlist]
Undisputed king of the surfing documentary. Keep an eye out for the late-50s ones, they're soooo sweet and innocent...
- Crash Files: On The Inside Of The NTSB (33 DSCP)
Disaster porn, with instructions. Okay, that works.
- Dinner For Five (503 IFC)
Kevin Smith's appearance proved to me that he really is a self-important jerk. And I saw Mallrats in the theatre twice when it came out...
- The Sopranos (550 HBO)
When you buy a TiVo, they actually make you fill out a little form promising to record this every week. Amy's the only one who's watching them though. (I never really got much past the ducks in the pool.)
- We Are the '80s (473 VH1CL)
- Request Hour (473 VH1CL)
Still geeking out on VH-1 Classic. So far this seems to be the shortest route to the best material.